Scientific Adsorbents Inc.'s
technology and experience has resulted in one of the broadest TLC - HPTLC - "S"
HPTLC programs in the world. Our TLC - HPTLC program is one of the most complete. Included
in the program are Silica Gels, Aluminas, Cellulose and PEI Cellulose. In addition, we
supply these materials in a broad variety of layers and plate types.
||Hard - Layer - Organic Binder HLO the most
abrasion resistant high resolution TLC product available in our program. Write directly on
the plate. Outstanding detectability, sensitivity; minimal breakage.
- High Resolution
- Standard of the Industry
- Durable Reflective Surface
||Soft Layer "G". A soft layer with
inorganic "G" binder (CaSo4); ideal for use with aggressive detection reagents.
Relatively easy to scrape and elute. These plates are fragile; use HLO plates if stability
is a factor.
- Ideal for Pre TLC, mgms to gms
- Withstands Aggressive Sprays, Reagents
- Classical Formulation
|Alumina A, B, N
||Select the pH most appropriate to your
separation, A=Acid, B=Basic, N=Neutral. Alumina is stable at pH 4 - 14 and can be used to
separate most compounds, especially basic.
- Ideal for the separation of basic compounds
- Standardized Particle for TLC, Prep TLC
- Stable Reproducible Layer
|PEI - Cellulose
||Ideal Anion ion-exchanger for many life
science applications e.g. nucleic acid compositions. Keep refrigerated at 4o
Celsius to avoid discoloration.
- Long Chain Anion Exchanger
- Bio-Life Science Applications
- Stable Reproducible Layer
||Available as microcrystalline and Avicel
layers for the separation of polar compounds via liquid - liquid partition chromatography.
- Liquid-Liquid Partition Separation Mechanism
- Ideal for Polar Analytes
- Available as Crystalline or Native Fibers
"S" - HPTLC Advanced Layers
||A 5 micron particle, 200 micron thick layer,
suitable for very difficult separations. Spots of 1 -2 mm will optimize separations. Three
to five times the resolving power of TLC. Fast development time.
- Obtain 3-5,000 Theoretical Plates/5 cm
- Ideal for the Most Difficult Separations
- Resolution similar to HPLC
||The ultimate in separating power; 3-10 times
the resolving power of TLC. Technology and separation dependent on a 3 micron particle;
100 micron layer. Separate nanogram - picogram quantities. Spots of 1 - 2 mm will optimize
- Smallest TLC Particle (micron), Highest Resolution
- Fast Analyses
- Thin, Highly Reflective Surface
||Select 500, 1000, and 2000 micron layers
according to the amount of material to be separated
- Readily isolate mgm-gms
- Standardized Particle for Prep TLC Prep LC
- Wide Variety of Prep TLC Layers
||Use glass for optimum separation and with
aggressive mobile phases. Inert backing will not react with selected detection sprays.
Easy to handle. Best resolution.
- Resistant to virtually all sprays, eluants
- Rigid support for optimum resolution
- Available in micro-macro sizes
|Plastic and Aluminum Backing
||Unbreakable and easy to handle. Cut into any
size. Easy to isolate one spot for subsequent elution/detection. Can be easily included
(attached) to lab reports.
Aluminum backing is safe
for use at higher temperatures and environments where strong solvents are used.
- Cut into virtually any size
- Readily isolate any spot and subsequent detection
- Ideal for documentation
||A single pre-scored plate provides the
economy of selecting plate dimensions. Virtually any size plate is available in a single
- Numerous sizes on "one" plate
- Flexible unit, product matches need
- Economical, use only as needed
TLC Applications | TLC Product
and Price List